5pm is the time when the group begins boarding passengers to start the cruise. The SEA VOYAGER be docked within walking distance of the piers and passengers will be transported in our Zodiac boats to the ship. The expedition and adventure ships rarely tied to the docks.
From the moment that passengers arrive at the dock the crew diligently ensure that any assistance they have to take them on board along with their luggage.
Once aboard, the captain, officers and crew on duty personally greet each passenger. Passengers are greeted with refreshments and cocktails and were escorted to their cabins so they can unpack and relax. All crew will be dedicated to assist passengers to “check in”.
The first day, dinner is served buffet style and there will be live music in the bar.
Usually the entire group of passengers will be aboard to 10pm and an hour later the ship sails to its first destination. Nothing is more pleasant to sleep with the gentle vibration of the boat mending the sea in absolute tranquility.
The next day the panoramic portholes open their booths, passengers will face their first destination. It’s probably the smell of freshly baked croissants and fresh coffee which lead to the dining room. There will be waiting for the ship’s chefs and waiters to serve breakfast.
In all vessels of expedition and adventure in the world there is a tradition of “Story Time” at 9 am. The begins the morning story with boisterous “Good morning EVERYONE,” to which passengers should respond as loudly as possible “Good morning, captain.” The captain will make a short explanation of the security measures, introduce the crew and a brief description of the agenda of the day and offer alternatives that port, the hours of conferences with our speakers, guided walks, trips in port diving, snorkeling, use of kayaks etc.
This protocol is repeated every day of the cruise. The table of activities in the lobby of the ship will also be a good guide for travelers who want to decide what to do.
An enthusiastic crew, with training in various disciplines and mystical for their work will strive to give the passenger the best possible experience:
- The captain, 0fficers and crewmembers are visible and available to the passengers.
- There are be daily lectures about topics such as local history, geography and marine biology.
- For some itineraries, one or more guest speakers will be featured.
- Documentary movies will be shown daily in the conference room.< /li>
- The bridge is be open to passengers 90% of the time 24 hours a day, allowing passengers to interact with the navigation officers and crew.
- The Purser is also a Licensed Physician; a dedicated activities mate.
- Therapeutic massage is available by appointment. Our massage therapists are certified massage professionals.
- Fresh, delicious meals prepared with local fruits, vegetables and spices by gourmet chefs.
- Full buffet breakfast, relaxed lunches and leisurely dinners served in our casual dinning room or deck.
- There is a dedicated bartender and karaoke will be available in the bar area every night at sea.
- Star gazing classes each night, weather permitting, give by navigation officer.
- A library offering a selection of reading materials for our guests to check out and enjoy while aboard.
- Zodiac expedition boats will take the passengers to secluded and remote locations.
- Smart storage area for diving gear and other equipment.
- A boutique where passengers can purchase clothing and basic necessities.
- A sun deck with comfortable, reclining lounge chairs which offers the perfect opportunity to work on your tan or snooze in the shade of an oversized umbrella.
The last day of cruising time in history include important details for the landing. At five o’clock, all passengers and crew gather to take pictures together.
Between 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm entire crew is available for closing accounts and 7:30 pm we have our final evening together, the Captain’s Dinner, to dismiss the cruiser and provide for the prompt return of friends.